RE for hire
Global Merces Funds Management is licensed to act for managed investment schemes, undertaking Responsible Entity, Registry and Fund administration services for a fund to provide Investment Managers with a complete outsourcing solution. Alternatively, Global Merces provide a single service working alongside external service providers or your existing Responsible Entity/Trustee.
The Responsible Entity (RE) operates as a trustee and responsible entity for both retail and wholesale clients. Global Merces has established itself to help domestic Investment Managers:
- Set up Management Investment Schemes
- Transition existing Management Investment Schemes
- Continue ongoing Management Investment Scheme operation
When acting as a RE, Global Merces services include:
- Liaison with ASIC
- Production of offer/disclosure documents
- Development of Compliance plans
- Procedures and registration
- Monitoring of compliance with the Corporations Act, the constitution, PDS/IM and compliance plan
- Establishment of in-house/outsourced Fund Administration services (Fund accounting, unit registry, unitholder reporting and portfolio valuation)
- Outsourcing agreements
- Assistance in Scheme marketing and distribution and online development such as Fund website
- Adherence to legislative and regulatory requirements
- Complaints monitoring and resolution
- Custody services
- Appointment and monitoring of external service providers
Global Merces has worked with various investment managers to establish managed investment schemes in a range of asset classes. These asset classes include: property, private equity, media and entertainment, venture capital, hedge funds, currency and derivatives. The team is well-resourced with expertise and knowledge to assist Investment Managers looking for a proficient and qualified Responsible Entity for hire providing exceptional high standard of service that satisfies ongoing legislative and regulatory requirements.
Along with acting as a Responsible Entity for hire for registered schemes, Global Merces also offers trustee services for unregistered schemes.