RE for hire
Global Merces Funds Management Limited (Global Merces) is licensed to act for managed investment schemes, undertaking Responsible Entity services for a fund to provide investment managers with a complete outsourcing solution. Alternatively, Global Merces provide a single service working alongside external service providers or your existing Responsible Entity/Trustee.
The Responsible Entity (RE) operates as a trustee and responsible entity for both retail and wholesale clients. Global Merces has established itself to help domestic investment managers:
- Set up Management Investment Schemes
- Transition existing Management Investment Schemes
- Continue ongoing Management Investment Scheme operation
When acting as a RE, Global Merces services include:
- Liaison with regulators
- Production of offer/disclosure documents
- Development of Compliance plans
- Procedures and registration
- Monitoring compliance with the various applicable Acts, Rules and instruments, offer documents, constitution and compliance plans
- Establishment of in-house/outsourced Fund Administration services (Fund accounting, unit registry, unitholder reporting and portfolio valuation)
- Outsourcing agreements
- Assistance in Scheme marketing and distribution and online development such as fund website
- Commercial management of existing and proposed legislative and regulatory requirements
- Complaints monitoring and resolution
- Custodian services
- Appointment and monitoring of external service providers
Global Merces has worked with various investment managers to establish managed investment schemes in a range of asset classes. These asset classes include: property, private equity, media and entertainment, venture capital, hedge funds, currency and derivatives. The team is well-resourced with expertise and knowledge to assist investment managers looking for a proficient and qualified Responsible Entity for hire that provides an exceptional high standard of service that satisfies ongoing legislative and regulatory requirements.
Along with acting as a Responsible Entity for hire for registered schemes, Global Merces also offers trustee services for unregistered schemes.